How I Use TextExpander to Simplify Outbound Email
We Rebels write volumes of email every day, and in this video I'll share how I use TextExpander to simplify outbound email. [rebel]
When to Use TextExpander
I ask myself one question every time I send an email: am I going to have to send any part of this again in the future?
[contextly_sidebar id="XXaCeCO3cYEKu0hykDGFYkXX0IAuQ4ov"]If so, I create a TextExpander snippet. Every single time.
As you'll see in the video below, I've created snippets (the abbreviated shortcuts that, when typed, expand into a longer bit of text) for a variety of scenarios, including:
- FAQ responses to inbound email
- URLs, phone numbers and addresses I use frequently
- HTML blocks for blog posts
- Hard-to-remember information (Facebook Group URLs, Google+ URLs, shopping cart URLs)
- Portions of emails (signatures and sign-offs)
Here's a 4.5-minute walkthrough on how I personally use TextExpander and what the window looks like: