Workspace Wednesday: The Science of Slouching
With so many people working in positions that forces them to sit in front of a computer all day, it's important to know the right way to sit. Physiotherapist Joanne Gough put together a video to show us how to maintain proper posture while sitting at our desks.
Gough provides the following tips:
- Push your bottom as far back and down into the chair as possible.
- The seat's height should be adjusted so your hips are slightly above your knees.
- Adjust the chair's lumbar support so that it is at the curve in the small of your back. Or use a rolled-up towel.
- Your keyboard should be positioned so that your elbows are at a 90 degree angle.
- Align the 'G' key with your belly button -- this ensures the keyboard is at the right alignment to your body.
Gough also suggests moving around every 30 minutes and using an ergonomic office chair.
See more of her tips in the video below.