Snapshot: Kolbe Index A
What is the Kolbe A Index?
The Kolbe A Index is different from any personality test or IQ test because it is the only test that assesses the conative part of your brain, which shows your natural tendencies, impulses, and directed efforts. The Kolbe A Index is composed of 36 questions that rate you on a continuum from 1–10 in four different categories: Fact Finder, Follow Thru, Quick Start, and Implementor.
Your four-digit Kolbe Index A score is based on the following categories.
Fact Finder: the instinctive way we gather and share information
Follow Thru: the instinctive way we arrange and design
Quick Start: the instinctive way we deal with risk and uncertainty
Implementor: the instinctive way we handle space and tangibles
Why is it Important?
Taking the Kolbe A Index and understanding my results completely transformed the way I interacted with my family and colleagues. Knowing my Kolbe scores and the scores of those around me taught me how to communicate more effectively with them and completely transformed my relationships.
For example, I am a 9-7-2-2. That means in order to make a decision, I need a lot of information and will ask a lot of questions until I am clear about the end result. Someone with a lower fact finder score does not need as many details. In fact, that many details might overwhelm them and they will not be as efficient or effective. Any individual who has a difference in score of 4 or more in each of the 4 areas may face potential conflict. Knowing this type of information about the people you are around allows you to communicate and work with them so they are always at their best.
The Indexes/Instinct Assessments
Kolbe Corp offers many different indexes to help you understand the way you inherently go about doing things and how that is helpful to you in different scenarios. It is highly recommended or required that you take the Kolbe A Index before proceeding with other indexes or assessments.
- The Kolbe A Index ($49.95)
- Measures a person’s instinctive method of operation and identifies the ways they will be most productive
- The Kolbe Y Index ($9.95)
- Helps youth (4th grade reading level to age 17) identify the set of striving instincts that drive their distinctive way of taking action
- The Kolbe B Index ($39.95)
- Measures an individual’s perception of their own job responsibilities and yields insights into how to leverage instinctive talents at work
- Kolbe Parent Guide ($39.95)
- Helps parents better understand their child’s talents and gains powerful suggestions for customizing parenting and communication techniques to fit their child’s unique method of operation
- Career MO+ ($19.95)
- Supplements the Kolbe A, by identifying jobs and careers that fit your method of operation and offers guidance on how to make the most of your natural talents in your current job
- Financial MO+ ($29.95)
- Based on the Kolbe A, it identifies ways you can use your instincts to make better decisions about money and finances
- Kolbe R Index ($28.00)
- Measures your expectations of another person in a relationship and provides insight into ways to improve the relationship by comparing the Kolbe A Index and Kolbe R Index results.
Have further questions? I am a certified Kolbe consultant and would be happy to answer any questions you have, including interpreting your Kolbe Index and how it can affect talent acquisition, team building, and individual and leadership development.