I owe much of my productivity to my ability to balance work priorities and the personal rituals I need to remain sane and happy. Today’s must-reads offer strategies to tackle these sometimes opposing forces.
- Age-old wisdom tells you that you should always listen to your body, but sometimes your body’s flat-out wrong. Here are a few examples of such situations. [Mark's Daily Apple]
- Four years ago, Joshua Becker of Becoming Minimalist ditched most of his material possessions. Through his work with nonprofits, he teaches hundreds of teens about the value of simplicity. Here’s his “less-is-more” story. [zenhabits]
- Technology is great, but it’s slowly robbed us of work-life alignment. These excellent tips from Brazen Life will help you leave work at work. [Business Insider]
- Five things the most successful people do before breakfast. Proud to say I do all of these! [Fast Company]
- The Pareto principle holds that 80 percent of the effects come from 20 percent of the causes. Leverage the so-called 80-20 rule when attacking your task list to really crank up your productivity. [Lifehacker]